· Split green gram (hari moong dal)-1/2kg
· Dry spices:- cumin (jeera) ¼ tsp, coriander seeds (dhania) 1tsp, fennel (saunf)1/2 tsp, asafoetida (hing)-1 pinch
· Ginger(adarak)-1inch piece
· Green chilly (hari mirch)-to taste
· Oil-for frying
· Salt- to taste
Soak the dal for 3-4 hrs. After soaking, wash it well to remove the skin as far as possible. Grind it in a mixer to a coarse consistency. Sauté all the dry spices in a small pan, grind them too and mix in the dal. Grind ginger and chilly separately. Now mix the ginger paste and salt to the dal.Mix well all the ingredients. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Pour small quantity of dal paste into the oil, using either hands or a spoon and deep fry the mungode. Serve hot with hari chutney or ketchup.
1. While grinding the dal do not add too much water.